For all intents and purposes...

...this is Damaging Noise Part 2.

I finally regrew 1/8th a fuck to attempt sonic altruism again. I chose the blog's current name to distance myself mentally from a specific collector type, as well as to contemptuously mock other subhumans who can't seem to parse the difference between people and inanimate objects (or bodiless noises). I'm just straight up admitting it. I did make one major existential modification though...

I've always felt I existed at the periphery of punk and other underground scenes without ever fully tribing up. I've always been too nazi for the punks (GOOD!), too p.c. for metal, too jock for goth, and (ironically) too punk rock for hXc-techno. I just feel most comfortable now describing myself as a fan of underground music as a whole, instead of using highly specified labels that only limit my state of being. I know I'm not stating anything revolutionary (nor have I ever subscribed to silly notions of labels as a blanketing descriptor for one's entire existence), but I've had a very...odd...love/hate dance with punk (specifically) over the decades. "It's Complicated."

As far as the downloads...

Same shit. Noisy hardcore, classic grind, death-industrial, hardcore-techno, strange soundtracks and other aural explorations...including punk...will be posted with equal aplomb. Expect power-lagging though, mixed with surprise E-P-I-C multi-posts. Bipolar rates of posted content are a "thing" with me, patience will be a virtue that will suit you well here.

SO! If you've got the ears, I've got the links...if you can hang with my terminal cynicism, I have a feeling you'll still enjoy this particular donkey show.

--S