Slime From The Nose Of Texas - "Slaughterhouse" 7" 1986


Speedy '86 Texas thrash (hardcore, trust me it's very punk) that's so forgotten this lone release STILL goes for low-dollars decades later. I never bothered to pick them up (before) because my brain just decided it wanted to tell me they sounded like generic "opening band" hardcore. It took a rip on 7inchpunk to inform me how dead wrong I was, which concluded with an eerily timed opportunity to purchase it via a message board set sale. This EP sat (and on Discogs still sits) for yeeeeeears in nearly every record store I'd been to in Southern California. ANYWAY: It's up tempo, upbeat, shrill guitars (ice your boner, it's not braindrill), stop-on-TWO-dimes arrangements (shortest song is 13 seconds, longest is 2 minutes), spastic and snotty party-guy type vocals, and someone from D.R.I. drew the cover. Efficient low-rent studio sound that is another giveaway to their era. All the thrashier 80s hardcore bands had noticeably "adequate" productions, yet retained highly unique and enjoyable acoustical nuances for whatever goddamn mystery reasons. Usually it'd come out that the engineer didn't know how to mix punk, but somehow didn't fuck the mix up and even made the bands sound semi-distinct and "otherworldly". I think S.N.O.T.'s solid, a few of the homies think they're solid, come do the gooble-gobble with us yo...