Phil-anthropy 3: Japcore Eternity

Phil's on fire with the contributions, completely engulfing us all in overlooked or newer damaging noise. You know what to do...

"Sekai - Potatoes Strange Men (3rd Demo)
Trashy basic punk. So far they've done at least 3 demos since 2007."

"Human Despair - S/T CD (2001)
Although the two 7"s released by this band are quite common, this 8 track CD is not seen so often, it came out a few years after the singles. It's not so different to their previous two EPs and follows the same formula. You know the script, studs, tattoos, huge mohawks and impassioned Burning Spirits style hardcore."

"Povlacion - 4 Songs Demostracion CDR (2015)
As the title suggests, this is the first demo from Japanese Punks Povlacion, 4 songs. This wasn't quite what I expected after all the hype, for some reason I expected crust HC or something but this is more like Laukaus playing Latin HC." [I thought it was mildly melodic.  --S]

"Blind Expectation / Aspect Of Behind - Split CDR (2007)
Killer split released on Punk Dischord Records, who also released Proletariat, Control, and No Swindles. This is easily my favourite release on that label though. Blind Expectation have the Framtid hardcore thing going on and do it really well, while Aspect Of Behind play more of a noise punk style, similar to Stagnation or Reconsideration but less painful! As much as I can take or leave that style, this hits the spot. Maybe it's the bass & vocal tone, or maybe its the flange effects on the guitar.but this is controlled chaos and fun to listen to. I still prefer Blind Expectation's songs though."

"Client / Aodieshow - Split CD (2015)
New songs from Japanese Hardcore Punks Client. This is only their 3rd release since 1988 (that I know of anyway). All of this is in Japanese so I'm going by the notes I wrote inside the CD when I got it but I also have another CD by Aodieshow that contains at least one of the songs on this split, but it's all a bit confusing as their own CD release is almost entirely instrumental...anyway, the Client songs are what this is about, lets be honest. Proof that not all bands grow old and end up shit rock." [I liked Aodieshow :p --S]