Sairaus - "A Siege Of Sickness" Demo Tape & "A Sickness Called God" 2xCredit Card CDR 2010

Finnish in name only, and musically a nod to "Burning Spirits" melodramatic song structures, this very short lived side project featuring half of Kontraattaque and Cthuwulf should have been headlining local shows. I'm unsure why Sairaus/Disease disbanded so quickly, though guitarist Dirk also wanted to focus on the simple fastcore of his other band I'm Diet (as in the Japanese legislative branch, the "dee-it"). The best song on both demos is still "Who Protects Me From You?"

Dirk died on Inauguration Day from a textbook freak accident. All he did was bump his head, literally that was it, had a seizure and dropped dead. The guy was completely sXe, avoided drama like the plague, and in my scant dealings with him over the decades he was ALWAYS friendly and cordial. He nerded hard at a Total Fury gig when he saw Max Ward give me my artist's copies of the Protes Bengt LP. I only asked for 6 bucks from him, and if I wasn't an alcoholic at the time I would have just given him one. He also wore my art and kept the shirts in immaculate condition. I wasn't bestys with him, but it's so melancholy in general the memories that come flooding back when one hears of a "scene death".